July 14, 2014

Analysing Through the Woods Episode 8!

After nearly 11 months! It's here. The one that i've been waiting.

Through the Woods is currently one my favourite object shows to watch, simply because of its original music and art style. Episode 7 set a mark when it featured 2 songs, actual object show songs that fits in with the narration in a way. I'm expecting the same with episode 8, and yeah we got them.

It's kinda of how object show episodes begin, introducing to the scene with characters talking about the upcoming challenge and elimination. Blah blah blah. I think there has to be a better way to start episodes (lens flares, aww yeah).

Here comes the first song: Can't Imagine. Through first few watchings, I did not get what they were saying, the voice sounded muffled, too much auto-tune. But hey, there's at least nice instrumentals. I think it's them saying something about their personality not fitting...? And there was one part with a lot of BUMS. The song is great, it used those multi-vocal lyrics which I really like in many songs, but it didn't quite hit the mark due to it's eccentric auto-tuning, so sorry.

Also, Carrot's been given Siri's voice! All thanks to AdultChampion's (yes haha!) Voice Changer.

The elimination turns out to be with prizes? Hmm.... Oh yeah, I voted Carrot, and he did get eliminated. He said a lot of BUT(T)S.

And hey random skill spectacle challenge to be held in a RANDOM DIMENSION (with a guava)!

I see the MLP assets used anywhere! Is it? Nah. Maybe. You know, I tried drawing a tree, and it turned out to be more difficult than I thought... (you can't draw so perfectly on them).

MarkerMart's alternate dimension is LifeMart. Again, OVERLY AUTO-TUNED life buoy character, must be for fun, but was it necessary? And for the first time in forever~, there a censor in a show... omg. I dunno if this is the right direction that object shows should go for... maybe there should be a PG rated object show?

Blah blah blah contest. Nothing special here. Except another song, that is a parodied version of another song which I have no idea what.

To be honest, I think Gumdrop is cute. Really. She sang NOT ME. Apparently, TTW is also following BFDIA's method of elimination with prizes and elimination. Heh.

This is definitely where object shows should be headed towards, becoming more of a way to tell a nice little story, something that other object shows seem to lack and makes them too cliché and boring. A good object show is unique. Unique in it's story or art style or animation etc. TTW has displayed it in some sense.

I'd give this episode a rating of One dimension out of Swimmy.

Thanks for reading! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment