June 11, 2014

What ever happened to the Joseph Howard channel?

One thing the object show community kinda lacks is the 'manliness' or 'maturity', especially since majority of the audience of object shows are under 16. Once you bring in the 'manliness' factor, thoughts and ideas can be expressed more comprehensively and trivially, with the additional life experiences and knowledge that could then be shared among the rest.

The Joseph Howard channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePhrontisterion) was one of them. He made 2 videos on over-analyzing object shows. The first one was kinda like a pilot episode, then he went on to more stuff in the second episode. It has been more than a year since any videos were uploaded there.

He trivially calculated the cost required to afford Hotel OJ in Inanimate Insanity and explained the different phenomenas that occurred in object shows and how it compares to real life. At first when I saw the video in April 2013, I thought to myself: 'This guy's really passionate about object shows like me! I think he has the potential to be an incredible person in the community. I can't wait to hear more thoughtful analysis from him!'

Well, it has been a year, and after revisiting the channel, his videos still amaze me. In his second video, he mentioned that since the first video was 'so well received' he decided to make another one and with a proper intro to the video. He even made some dramatic reactions which I personally like!

I talked to tBlizzi over at skype today. tBlizzi was mentioned by Joseph as his friend who was the voice of Toast in Object Mayhem. She mentioned that he is focusing on real life stuff. He was interested in the videos for a while before he did not have time for it anymore.

Real life is at it again! The Joseph Howard channel is something that we appreciated back then. His videos, although only two of them, did go through a lot we never thought one would. I think I have something to model over. :)

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know who's that guy, I only watch bfdi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph took down his videos since he didn't like them any more. He is one of the final nine TWOWers and visits TWOW Central regularly, if you want to talk to him.

    ReplyDelete