May 27, 2013

How I got into the Object show fandom + How I started BFDI Trivia

Hopefully, after this, people would stop asking me how.

It started back in June 2010. I came across a video called "The Big Stuff" as I was pretty interested in astronomy. After watching this video, I was impressed. Music went well with visual. I decided to go check the channel out. I found, what appears to be a pretty decent cartoon, which I thought was just a youtube upload of a TV cartoon series. Then I was like "meh", and ignored.

Then a year passed, I came back to the same "The Big Stuff" and saw their annotation saying that they released a new video "The Large Stuff" which is said to be better. I clicked it, then, WOAH. Amazing visual and audio harmony. I went back to the channel, named 'jacknjellify'. I saw the cartoon again, now at its 20th episode. Well, I had time, so I decided to watch it anyway.

The cartoon was amazing! Nice storyline and animation. Battle for Dream Island became the best youtube series I've ever watched. However, it took me like 4 days to completely watch the whole thing up to episode 20. Then shortly after came episode 21, I watched it, it built up the suspense inside me. It made me want to watch it very badly. I eventually subscribed, when JnJ had just past 1000 subs.

Half a year has passed again, I was thrilled by the finale of BFDI. I came across the BFDI wiki page, browsed through it, and saw character pages with a section called 'Trivia' at the bottom. Then I had a surprising idea. Why not make videos about trivial things in BFDI? And so I did. I got to my movie making software, iMovie and stitched up a video containing scenes from BFDI. Needle Slaps had about a pretty decent 40 views at first week. And so made another trivia. My trivia became even more famous after BFDI Trivia 5, where I saw my stats showing my video views had tripled! And so I continued.

Right now, 1 year and 9 months since starting to watch BFDI and 1 year 4 months since starting BFDI Trivia, I feel the object show fandom has grown bigger. I'm really impressed. Thanks to everyone into supporting me and all the object shows that entertained us.

I've been quite busy again, but BFDI(A) Trivia 43 may come out this week. NO PROMISE IS MADE.

No comments:

Post a Comment